Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Roses

Pin It
How fun it was to play with this  huge bouquet of roses. I bought them at
 ~ link ~ Apko Roses - greenhouse
Look at them! This entire bundle was $20! They are seconds, which means the
blooms are a bit too open or the stems are not perfectly straight. I think there was about
7 dozen, random colors random sizes.... random fun! 


So I tried a few different arrangements
First I tied a bridal bouquet with the red "Naomi" roses
I know, a bridal bouquet.... why?
Because it's fun... I don't know! 


Here's how, in case your getting married next week or something....... ahahaha!

Just hold as many roses as you want in your hand and wiggle them around
until you like the look, some people like tight compact, some loose and airy....
once you like the look wrap the stems with floral tape, wire, anything
to hold them together. Chop the stems to the length you like.
Then wrap it again with ribbon, I added a few crystal pins ....  adding heirloom pins seems to be  popular with brides





Not an heirloom but I found this pretty dragonfly in one of my "treasure boxes"!



Ok so if your not getting married any day soon then just take off the jewels and ribbon and call it .......a lovely bouquet of roses!  ..... in my grandmother's silver sugar bowl


Next I picked out the  white ones called Avalanche 

.....now don't those scissors look like my grandmothers too?

I don't even know where they came from but I highly recommend NOT using them to trim roses, but in my social media crazed ~ aiming for beautiful pictures ~ totally staged ~ photo shopped to death ~ attempt ......I thought it was a better choice than a super sharp knife... which by the way is what you should use, (I'm sure you know!) and cut on an angle so there is more surface to absorb water, and a good idea to pull off those guard petals on the outside of the roses ...the ones that look a little  misshaped and usually have green on them (see pic, actually there, not intentionally staged!)




Anyway I trimmed them off short and tucked them in with grapes on a two tiered cake stand that has yet to see a piece of cake or cupcake! .... I just like cake stands ... now I've used it! hmmm.... still no cake in sight!



When I was done playing with the cake stand I floated the roses in this glass bowl 





Next a mixture of colors ..... a nice little present to take to grama? ....garden party?


The tea cup in the front of this picture I bought in England for my mom ages ago when I
went to "press" my clients wedding dress, she called when she got there with the dress and said "why don't you come to the wedding?", as I was humming and hawing she asked if it would help my decision if she said her dress needed pressing? haha, it did! ....such fond memories and I remember as I was leaving thinking what do you bring home from England .... china right? My mother has since passed but the memories and teacups live on....


Last but not least these orange beauties named Enya ...... They are flawless!

So, simple, stand alone in a vase .....or party ready!
The hydrangeas are also from Apko!




Ok enough about roses and enough photo shopping!

Hope you enjoyed these beautiful blooms!

~ Janet

2 comments:

Alex Stroback said...

Ya ok Janet these photos are sooooo photoshopped... NOT! We all know you're a great photographer as well as creator of everything

Unknown said...

hahaha! Not true Alex but thank you!!
Actually used my iphone for all the pictures! Then me and picmonkey became best friends!