Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Garden wedding

Pin It
The wedding gown, through the day!

The Ceremony                            The Reception                            The Honeymoon


For her backyard, garden wedding Michelle wanted a Bohemian style comfy dress. So much so
that when I tried the lining on her in the initial fitting she was mortified how fitted and
unyielding that was going to be! I scrapped that $60. a meter Moroccan silk and yes, went with a $5. a meter cotton/spandex lining, kind of like wearing a t-shirt! In the wedding gown world a comfortable wedding dress is an oxymoron!


I made the same dress, short, in black, for the honeymoon, to wear under the wedding dress top.



The "t-shirt" was slit but not the lace (her idea ~ brilliant!)


 Added little arm ruffles.




Beautiful bordered lace!



I used local dahlias, glads, roses and orchids for Michelle's bouquet
.......love the Fraser Valley!





 What I love about this sentimental couple is they do everything from their heart, not pinterest approved, trending, or to please anyone else.

Everything at the arch (that David built) is sentimental and meaningful to them.



Michelle painted the quotes on the backdrop. 

If anyone is interested in  making  one, just buy table cloth fabric (polyester) from a fabric store the length you want and finish the edges.
Its easy.


The romantics that they are they asked me to replicate this pic from a few years back, David painted it on the sub floor in the hair salon he built for her. 


They also created this cement table.


Painted it red and used it for  the signing table.

Here with their children and Tara
(I made those little Bohemian inspired flower girl dresses to match Michelle's and the garden)


and later it became the cake table 


The carrot cake wedding cake was inspired by their backyard! .... carrots from the garden, eggs from the chickens, butterflies everywhere...


 Now if they had a cow we could be making the cream cheese for the icing... ok too much!


and also from the garden I used a pumpkin...



.....to make a Cinderella carriage


I know ...what?
Long story....anyway here's how to make it, seeing as we are in the thick of pumpkin season!

First I painted it with blue acrylic paint , could be any color though... silver, white maybe.  Then I spray varnished it and sprinkled sparkle before the varnish dried.


Next bought stove element rings, which conveniently come in two sizes,  hot glued wooden skewers
into them for spokes.


Used picture frames for windows and door.
Sprayed it all silver to match.


 Found crystals in my endless treasure chest.... and by crystals I mean made in China plastic, I think they were Christmas garland decorations, anyway they were the perfect fit for the window.
I then carved the pumpkin out a bit to make the window flush and to my surprise the orange of the pumpkin shone through like light! Who knew?
I hot glued some tuelle behind the door frame for a little privacy!


Then adorned other treasures, the bottom half of the "crown" is the top of a curtain sash. The wire I just curled and tried to make it whimsical. The seats I made from a scrap of silver pleather.
So fun to create without boundries!


Found that flowery plastic garland trim in the treasure box too. Have no idea what that had been for but hot glued it everywhere I could!
And yes the steps are crooked but the bride has a thing about "perfect imperfections"  you
just have to go with it...


See those little glass slippers...  it's a pair!.... they are the grooms daughters which they were given when they were very young .....how fitting is that?

Anyway my Fairy God Mother days are over  but
can I say it was soooo fun!

 Congratulations David and Michelle!

~ Janet


No comments: